LGS Innovations Technical Manger - Product Solutions /AFT Group in Albuquerque, New Mexico
*Location: *Albuquerque, NM
*LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Technical Manger - Product Solutions /AFT Group *for our Albuquerque, NM location.
In this position you will support the Advanced Filter Technology (AFT) manager in providing management and direction for production activities, AS9100 quality initiatives and day-to-day engineering. Position will support equipment and facilities expansion efforts of the AFT business unit. This spans all aspects of the AFT business unit including ceramic RF filter design, new product & process introduction, as well as supporting the technical and financial objectives of the AFT group.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide production staff leadership and oversight to include selection, performance management, career development, and workload management
- Drive AFT AS9100 initiatives and quality objectives
- Lead/support equipment & facilities expansion
- Process capability monitoring and improvement to include the use of CP & CPK
- Provide direction in problem solving, product or process characterization, process efficiency improvements and continuous improvement activities
- Drive optimization for manufacturability, cycle time and cost reductions
- Work with design team to develop processes and deliver prototype ceramic components for evaluation and proof of concept purposes
- Work with engineering to negotiate product specifications and print acceptance criteria
- Provide direction for technical staff and resource management
- Monitor budgets, schedules and resource planning
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S; policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- Able to obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level required to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS Degree in Engineering and 6-8 years of experience in a related technical field or equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
- Strong leadership skills with a minimum of 4 years of direct personnel management
- Skilled in applying analytical tools and statistical techniques
- Highly self-motived with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong oral and written presentation skills required
- Ability to lead as well as work independently in a team environment
- Green belt or black belt certification preferred
- In depth knowledge of ceramics or materials science and ceramic manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience in the development of new product from drawing to production
- Thorough knowledge of statistical tools such as Mini Tab, JMP, gage capability, and DOE
- Knowledge of Microsoft software applications and other software applications as required
For a listing of all LGS Innovations open positions, please visit our website at https://www.lgsinnovations.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
www.dhs.gov/E-Verify E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. This business uses E-Verify in its hiring practices to achieve a lawful workforce.
Location: Albuquerque, NM
# of openings: 1
JOB TITLE: Technical Manger - Product Solutions /AFT Group
Travel Requirements: Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary