Sandia National Laboratories Systems Engineer-PLC/SCADA (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an experienced Systems Engineer with Ladder Logic programming for industrial controls via Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC). You will need to have experience with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Visual Basic Applications (VBA) in order to succeed in this role. You will be working with colleagues that are experts on the maintenance and processes for a deionized water system, acid waste neutralization system and a hazardous gas monitoring system.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline; plus five or more years of relevant Engineering and Operations experience.
- Experienced with Ladder Logic programming for industrial controls via Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience with Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Visual Basic Applications (VBA).
- Experience with networking of PLCs and SCADA systems.
- Desired Bachelor's and Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) in a relevant STEM discipline plus two or more years of relevant Engineering and Operations experience;
- Experience with Controllogix 5000 programing software.
- Experience with iFix Proficiency SCADA software.
- Understanding of the operation of deionized water systems.
- Understanding of the operation of acid waste neutralization.
- Understanding of the operation of gas monitoring equipment.
- Understanding of the hazards associated with Semiconductor fabrication.
- Current and active DOE security clearance.
The Integrated Facilities Department provides line facility support for the MESA Fabrication facilities. The department is responsible for maintaining DI water plants, acid waste neutralization systems and other line owned and maintained facility support systems. In addition, the department has ES&H and Security Coordination responsibilities for the Microsystems Science, Technology & Components Center (Center 5200).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT