U.S. Bank Program/Project Manager in Albuquerque, New Mexico
U.S. Bank is seeking an accomplished Senior Project Manager/Program with strong strategic and enterprise project management experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives.
This role will serve in the Wealth Management & Investment Services Project Management Office, performing as the Project Manager for assigned strategic multi-year, multi-million dollar programs. The Wealth Management & Investment Services PMO supports multiple Lines of Business: Global Corporate Trust, Institutional Trust & Custody, Fund Services and Trust Technology Services.
As a Technology Project Manager you will lead and manage high visibility, complex projects that focus on providing enhanced customer experience across multiple portals, mobile and related technologies. In this role, you will oversee projects in a full SDLC, both iterative and Agile, manage/track project budget (Capital expenditure), provide leadership to the project team and partner with QA, Technology, Vendor and Business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be highly organized, managing issues and risks effectively, thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to shifting priorities and promote an environment that motivates the team to deliver excellent customer experiences.
· Directs and manages overall work efforts of one or more project teams, ensuring proper controls are in place and processes are followed.
· Provides oversight to meet established function, quality, cost, and schedule goals and objectives for large sized programs/projects with extensive complexity for multi-year initiatives.
· Manages programs/projects from initial concept through post implementation, including multiple implementation cycles.
· Builds relationships with sponsoring executives and stakeholders across affected departments.
· Plans and controls multiple related projects with complex dependencies and shared resources and trains others in the use of planning tools.
· Clarifies boundaries of acceptable risk and removes obstacles.
· Authors the project management artifacts.
· Develops and maintains project plans, works with resource managers to obtain resources, manages issues and risks.
· Ensures project governance is established and observed.
· Author effective, clear, concise, and relevant communication for program/project stakeholders. Presents message to audiences including team leads, and Senior Executives.
· Determines knowledge and skill sets required to ensure successful project outcomes.
· Manages project team size of more than 50 members.
· Utilize USBank established PMO methodology and approved project tools to ensure successful outcomes and required compliance.
· Offers input to current process and identifies areas for improvement.
· Actively participates within the peer PM community.
· Remain informed of industry standards and trends within project management.
· Collaborates with Team Leaders within a matrix organization across QA, Vendors, Technology and Business Line to ensure successful project outcomes.
· Drives/Facilitates team meetings and other crucial conversations to solicit team updates and resolve issues and risks.
· Leads/Facilitates Project Change control process.
· Responsible for recommendations for hires, transfers, terminations, performance standards, and reviews.
B asic Qualifications
-Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
-PMI Project Management Professional credential
-At least 10 years experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling IT projects.
· Project management within an Agile framework
Working experience in:
· Scrum Master
· Project management methodology artifacts
· Banking/Investment Services experience
· PMI Project Management Professional credential
· Excellent communication skills
Extensive experience in:
· MS Project
· Clarity, Version One, TFS, preferred
· Project control and reporting
· Negotiation and Problem Solving skills
· Project planning and organization
· Presentation skills utilizing Visio, Excel, Powerpoint
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
Leaders at U.S. Bank consistently demonstrate integrity and ethics, maturity and resilience, and inspire trust and confidence among their teams. Our leaders are strong communicators who promote collaborative relationships, influence others, and value the diversity of backgrounds and ideas among their employees.
Job: Project Management / Analysis
Primary Location: United States
Shift: 1st - Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 180004936
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.