SMG Maintenance Technician in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Full Time Maintenance Technician
Albuquerque Convention Center
Hourly- Non- Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Full time Maintenance Technician position for Albuquerque Convention Center located in Albuquerque, NM. This position is responsible for conducting general repairs, maintenance, painting and other miscellaneous tasks at the arena and theatre.
Responsible for preforming routine facility maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. carpentry; electrical; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); plumbing, etc.); Perform general cleaning. Perform other tasks as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs minor electrical maintenance, to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, kitchen appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Troubleshooting and repairing of facility support equipment.
- Perform minor carpentry repairs; sheet rock, etc.
- Perform minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs and replacement/installation, including repairing leaks in toilets and sinks, and unclogging toilets.
- Complete work orders in an efficient and timely manner.
- Performs preventative maintenance of assigned equipment and systems.
- Report irregularities, discrepancies, safety or damage concerns or loss of property promptly to supervisor.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Candidate must have the ability to move quickly from one area to another. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of general plumbing, electrical, and HVAC techniques and systems
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms
- Ability to hear clearly voices, alarms, bells and horns (at a minimum of 85 dB) and to speak clearly and audibly
- Ability to understand and follow simple directions communicated both orally and written
- Ability to take direction from multiple supervisory and management staff
- Ability to use hand and power tools and equipment common to the construction trade
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and instructions
- Requires ability to visually inspect and to distinguish colors
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures of the construction industry including operation of tools and equipment according to established safety
- Maintenance skills must include the ability to drywall, replace and repair hardware, paint, cut and replace ceiling tile and replace fixtures; minor furniture repair a plus
- Two years prior experience preferred
- Ability to work safely and efficiently with machinery
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and understand verbal and written instructions
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule
- hours including nights, weekends and holidays based on the event schedule
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma/GED required; Certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology or relevant field will be a plus Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) is desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled