Sandia National Laboratories Intern - Science of Extreme Environments Research & Innovation (SEERI) Technical Undergrad Summer in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking an Intern Summer - Technical Undergrad
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Participate in developing and writing Python routines and programs to further our data processing and presentation tools using accelerator machine data sets
- Create graphical user interfaces (GUIs) allowing a user to locally control data processing and display of multiple data sets
- Conduct analysis and additional programming tasks will be added if time permits
You bring the confidence and skills to be eligible for the job by meeting these minimum requirements:
- Currently attending and enrolled full time (or scheduled to graduate in the spring) in an accredited undergraduate program
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week during the summer
- U.S. citizenship
- Proficiency in Python, Java, HTML and/or LabVIEW
Note: If you have not yet started your undergraduate program, please apply to a high school intern position.
- Experience in Data Analysis
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently, and in a collaborative team environment
The Science of Extreme Environments Research & Innovation (SEERI) Program philosophy is to foster the search for future researchers, engineers, and operators in radiation effects, pulsed power, and high energy density sciences. SEERI works to help cultivate an environment to excite and attract talented future scientists, physicists, and engineers within in these disciplines by maximizing engaging opportunities to contribute to the nation through the unique access to facilities, resources, and broad programs found only at Sandia National Laboratories.
Students are offered hands on flexible, challenging, interesting, and cutting-edge research opportunities while being mentored by Sandia National Laboratories scientists and engineers. These hands-on experiences are supplemented with technical seminars and facility tours which expose students to the broad range of engineering and scientific disciplines represented at Sandia. Student Interns are provided the opportunity and encouraged to present their work and accomplishments to their peers and the Sandia scientific community every August. In some cases, students are asked to present their work at professional conferences.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
This position does not currently require a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted security clearance.
Sandia will conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record checks, and employment and education verifications. Further, employees in New Mexico must pass a U.S. Air Force background screen for access to the work site. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause access to be denied or terminated, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
If hired without a clearance, and one subsequently becomes required or you bid on positions that require a DOE-granted security clearance, a pre-processing background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications may be conducted prior to a required federal background investigation. Applicants for DOE-granted security clearances must be U.S. citizens and be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate DOE security clearance as required for the position.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT