Vectrus Environmental Coordinator in Albuquerque, New Mexico
* POSITION SUMMARY: *
Oversee and be responsible for all environmental issues of all work executed by the contractor under the requirements of this
contract, the collection and reporting of environmental metrics, and the execution of the contractor's Environmental Plan (Annex D-701). Provides efficient, effective and timely Environmental expertise, to include but not limited to Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and petroleum, oil and lubricant delivery systems supporting the development, design and program management of Kirtland AFB facility projects. Interfaces with customer-civil engineering/contracting management personnel as required resolving Kirtland AFB environmental services customer support issues. Accomplishes other administrative tasks as required to ensure effective contractor services customer support to Kirtland AFB as they relate to environmental control.
* MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: *
1. Conduct environmental inspections within workshops and identifyingenvironmental noncompliance and make management action plans for correctiveaction.
2. Perform qualitativeand quantitative research and data gathering and identify key themes, trends,and opportunities from complex data sets.
3. Capture, synthesize, and summarize key pointsfrom interviews, focus groups, and internal meetings, translating insights intodraft deliverables and products.
4. Develop creative andinnovative solutions to client issues and project approaches.
5. Develop accurate andcomplete staff documentation to support project execution and completion.
6. Ability to thinkconceptually and strategically and learn quickly; critical thinker, analyst,and active listener.
7. Ability to meetdeadlines, adhere to project plans, ensure any conflicts are brought to theattention of the management team, and multi-task and work on several projectssimultaneously.
* MATERIAL & EQUIPMENTDIRECTLY USED: *
Personal Computer operations andother general office equipment.May be exposedto potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves,steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protectionequipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment. Use ofportable radio or cell phone to maintain contact and accountability of workactivities.
* WORKING ENVIRONMENT: *
Workwill be indoors and outdoors. Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicalsmay occur. Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractualneeds. Employee must comply with allFederal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as wellas written instructions. Task specific work environment training will beprovided as required.Must be able to lift/push/pull 50 lbs. May be required to do field verification bywalking across grounds, working in mechanical rooms of facilities, climbing onroofs
* MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: *
* Education/Certifications * :
Have a Bachelor's or Associate’s degreein Environmental Engineering.
Have and maintain either a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager certificationfrom the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management or a CertifiedEnvironmental Professional certification from the Academy of Board CertifiedEnvironmental Professionals.
* Experience * :
The EC shall have a minimum of 2 years field experience working inenvironmental protocols for hazardous materials, hazardous waste, airemissions, storm water, solid waste, natural and cultural resources, storagetanks, asbestos, and lead-based paint.
The EC shall have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft (MS)Windows Operating Systems or equivalent and MS Office software packages.
The EC shall have a working knowledge of federal, state and localenvironmental regulations and Air Force Instructions referencing environmentalcompliance and environmental management system (EMS).
The EC shall have a basic awareness of Environmental ManagementSystems (EMS)prescribed in ISO14001.
The EC shall have a working knowledge of conducting environmentalinspections within workshops and identifying environmental noncompliance andmake management action plans for corrective action.
The EC shall have a working knowledge of EESOH-MIS (the Air Forcetracking system for hazardous materials).
Organization: Pending Contract
Title: Environmental Coordinator
Requisition ID: PEN000930
Clearance Level required at Start Date: No Clearance Required
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.