Northrop Grumman Data Scientist 3/4 in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Data Scientist 3/4
Requisition ID: 18003442
Location(s): United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Northrop Grumman is seeking a computer scientist, statistician to aid in analytics development and research. The desired individual will have experience both in psychological theory and application, as well as a background in statistical data analysis methodologies and methods or advanced mathematical analysis to support logical reasoning and problem solving. This position will be located full-time at our LCS office in Albuquerque, NM.
Roles and Responsibilities will include:
Contribute needed skills to ongoing projections related to the analysis of data
Apply statistical or mathematical methods and analysis
Contribute to the development and writing of technical documentation of how methods were developed
Cross train in other areas to support additional roles as needs arise
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
**Basic Qualifications for a Data Scientist 3 are a minimum of 3 years of direct relevant experience with a Master's degree.
**Basic Qualifications for a Data Scientist 4 are a minimum of 7 years of direct relevant experience with a Master's degree.
Must also meet the following:
1. Must possess a Master's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
2. Must have experience using a statistical programming language such as R, Python, or Scala .
3. Must have programming experience in core languages (C# or Java).
4. Must have experience with accessing standard database formats (SQL, MongoDB, etc.) .
5. Must have experience with distributed computing such as Hadoop.
6. Must have knowledge and experience in developing mathematical analysis or reporting statistical deliverables (datasets, statistical analyses, report tables, and graphics).
7. Must have the a bility and willingness to rapidly develop a diverse skillset.
8. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
2. Research experience in psychology, especially research related to developing or validating assessments or the use of biometric sensors.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visitwww.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Data Scientist 3/4
Location: New Mexico-Albuquerque
Requisition ID: 18003442