Sandia National Laboratories Classification Technical Reviewer (Experienced) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
We are seeking a Classification Technical Reviewer.
On any given day, you may be called on to:
- Evaluate scientific, technical, and program information to ensure the proper classification and protection of national security interests.
- Review documents and materials for proper classification and, with special authority, derivatively declassifies documents and materials.
- With proper authorization, act as a derivative classifier (DC) up to the Top Secret Restricted Data level and category.
- Develop classification guidance for technical and nontechnical information and supports the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and other agencies in developing and implementing classification and Unclassified Controlled Information (UCI) guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, or closely related Hard Science plus five years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Experience in the development or evaluation of nuclear weapons, or any of Sandia's numerous Strategic Partnership Projects.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance with ability to acquire and maintain Sigma 15/14 access authorization, which may require polygraph testing.
- Ability to work with and appropriately protect sensitive information and classified matter.
- Ability to perform independent technical analysis, providing technical consultation to staff, management or customers, and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to work efficiently as a team member.
- Ability to perform effectively in a technically diverse teaming environment.
- Experience in performing work in a regulatory environment and/or interpreting regulations.
- Experience working with or in the DOE Defense Programs or DoD communities.
- Experience as a Derivative Classifier or Derivative Declassifier.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of export control regulations.
- Knowledge and understanding of classified and other sensitive information programs at other government agencies.
- Familiarity with DOE classification and declassification policies, procedures, and guidance.
- Strong organization and time management skills with ability to adapt to multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritize conflicting deadlines.
The Classification Office at Sandia National Laboratories has the responsibility for implementing DOE's Classification and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI) programs at Sandia/New Mexico. In addition, the department assists in the identification of Unclassified Controlled Information (UCI). The department performs classification reviews, assist Derivative Classifiers (DCs) and staff in making classification determinations, develops training and awareness briefings for members of the work force, designates and trains DCs and UCNI Reviewing Officials, and develops classification guidance in coordination with DOE, NNSA and laboratory programs as necessary. The department also supports DOE, NNSA and the Nuclear Weapon Complex in the implementation of the classification program, development of classification guidance and the resolution of classification issues.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) granted Q-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT