Northrop Grumman Behavior Research Manager in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Behavior Research Manager
Requisition ID: 18004242
Location(s): United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a motivated professional to join our team as a Behavior Research Manager. This position is located in Albuquerque, NM.
The selected manager will be responsible for operational oversight of the Internal Research and Development (IR&D) team or other work unit consisting of a diverse talent pool of data scientists, research scientist, instructional designers, software developers, artists, and writers.
As a member of the team, responsibilities may include: developing research designs and conducting research using behavioral science principles, methodologies, and technologies in an applied governmental setting.
Duties and responsibilities include: representing team capabilities to internal and external stakeholders, contributing to proposals, creating and managing staffing plan, setting and managing project budgets, working with customers to determine learning solutions, collaborating with other managers on staffing and projects. As the IR&D project manager, responsibilities include: setting team agenda in alignment with leaderships’ vision; managing cost, schedule, and team’s technical performance; reporting team’s progress to stakeholders; identifying and managing risks and working with team to ensure quality, timeliness, and accuracy of research products.
1. Must possess a Masters’ degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, education or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work, or a related field.
2. Must possess a minimum of 1 0 years of experience in reporting statistical deliverables (datasets, statistical analyses, report tables, and graphics).
3. Must have e xperience with project management and customer relationships.
4. Must have e xperience working in the government contracting industry.
5. Must possess e xperience managing Agile projects.
6. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
7. Must be a U.S. Citizen.
1. Experience managing a growing/newly developed team
2. PhD in computer science, statistics, mathematics, psychology, education or a hard science background with sufficient mathematical skills course work.
3. Research experience in one of the field areas above, especially research related to data science applied to a training context or the use of biometric sensors.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Behavior Research Manager
Location: New Mexico-Albuquerque
Requisition ID: 18004242