Pinkerton Agent (Part-time) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Agent will perform a variety of assignments including concierge-level, residential, or event security, response services, basic driving, and investigations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives. The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Provide the client with concierge-level security at the company location and/or events;
- Deescalate tense situations or individuals that may arise.
- Write detailed incident reports following any incident, occurrence, or variance that warrants documentation.
- Conduct quality investigations and complete investigative reports.
- Provide response services related to emergency and crisis planning, high risk terminations, workforce disruptions, natural disaster, civil unrest, and threat monitoring.
- Transport the client to and from company location and/or events.
- Secure the client residential perimeter;
- Review CCTV, manage access controls, and respond to alarms, as needed.
- Identify and escalate equipment deficiencies/failures.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a concealed firearm.
High School Diploma or GED with law enforcement, military, and/or security experience.
- Private Patrol Operator license.
- Law enforcement, military, and/or security experience.
- Concierge-level customer service experience.
- Able to complete thorough and accurate investigations and reports.
- Access control systems, CCTV, alarm monitoring experience.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency situations.
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents and direct others.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel, as required. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabilities