Sandia National Laboratories Administrative Support, Treasury and Travel Services Team (Early Career) in Albuquerque, New Mexico
An opportunity exists for an administrative support staff to join the Treasury and Travel Services team to support Global Security & Cooperation mission. The selected candidate will work closely with the technical management and staff in supporting an exciting mission, as well as other administrative project management and business staff. This individual will be responsible for coordinating international travel arrangements for technical and business personnel, and providing administrative logistics support, completes all required documentation, and support logistical coordination by interacting with various Sandia organizations, U.S. agencies, and foreign agencies to ensure the safety, security, and support of U.S. and foreign travelers.
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience booking international and domestic flights, lodging and local transportation, many of which will potentially have multiple legs and circuitous routes.
- Familiarity with governmental regulations that impact on travel arranging (i.e. Fly American Act).
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, ability to process quickly sometimes ambiguous work and come up with creative solutions to resolve problems that arise, ability to hit the ground running and contribute right away.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, and complete detail oriented multiple tasks, often under strict deadlines, frequent interruptions and competing priorities.
- Geographical and geopolitical familiarity with areas that you will be arranging travel to.
- Understanding of potential safety and security risks for travelers and ways to mitigate risks.
- Ability to search airline sites to provide options for member of staff prior to booking, familiarity with airline booking codes for both economy and business levels of flight status.
- Assist with In-country trip logistics, this could include a variety of tasks (i.e. lodging, preparing of course notebooks, teaching materials, arranging limo or cab services, etc.).
Department 10517 is responsible for corporate treasury functions, including maintaining Sandia's bank accounts, accounting for all receipts and disbursements, administering the corporate credit card program, administering (with the Purchasing Organization) the procurement card program, reviewing suppliers' financial status for credit approvals, and coordinating collection efforts on past-due accounts. The Department is also responsible for the administration of the Labs' conference management, travel, and business expense program (including policy maintenance, travel operations, vendor negotiations, and compliance with travel regulations).
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work withamazingimpact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible schedules, generous vacations,strongmedical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE)-granted L-level security clearance.
Sandia is required by DOE directive to conduct a pre-employment drug testing, and a pre-employment background review that includes personal reference checks, law enforcement record and credit checks, and employment and education verifications. Applicants for employment must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE L-level security clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, rendering the inability to perform the duties assigned and resulting in termination of employment.
Equal opportunity employer/Disability/Vet/GLBT
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia's discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.